Thursday, December 18, 2008

Poor Baby!

Reese has hit another milestone (although one we are not too excited about) - she has her first illness :( Poor baby! It started with a runny/stuffy nose and on Tuesday when she got up from her nap, she was so rosy and flushed. I thought she was just happy to see me and then I got her out of her crib and I instantly new she had a fever. I am not a crazy temperature taker, so I always worry that I may not know when she is running a fever. But I KNEW. She was hot. I took her temp and it was 99.9 degrees. She was happy as a clam but I just thought the world was ending.

I rushed her to the first appointment the doctor's office had. We sat in the sick child side which seemed weird because she was clapping, waving, and laughing at all the visibly sick children. One mother even commented that Reese should be in the well child side, she was so happy!

I am really happy I took Reese into the doctor. It was what I expected - it went to the ears :( I had many ear infections growing up, so I was worried about this. Looks like she got some kind of virus like a cold and it went to her ears. The doctor seemed surprised that she was eating and sleeping as normal. He seemed to think she might not feel too good the next day. He was right! Our normally great sleeper is waking up after 30 minutes into her naps, waking up every hour until about 9pm, and then waking us at 5:45am. This is VERY early to the parents that are used to have to wake her up (she would sleep until 8:30am every day if we let her).

She is still happy during the day, but we are a little house-bound. It is cold and yucky out, so we have just been playing indoors with a quick walk in the stroller here and there. Her fever seems to have vanished, so hopefully she is getting better. I am now kicking myself for exclaiming proudly at her 9 month appointment, "Reese is 9 months old and has never been sick!". Dr. H looked at me and said he was going to ignore that I said that. He knew it, I jinxed myself!

No comments: