Thursday, December 18, 2008

Blessed

I know I have been blogging a lot lately, but that what happens when your child is sick and goes back to 3 naps a day. I hate that she is sick, but I can't say I mind the extra nap ;)

I wanted to share a few things I have received from people in the last week or so that have really touched my life. I am so very blessed to have a beautiful, healthy baby girl, a loving (and very helpful!) hubby, and family and friends that are such a positive influence on us. Some very insightful people have sent me e-mails in the past week that I want to recognize. Amidst all of the economy troubles and "end of the world" feelings going on in America right now, I want to be thankful for the positive people in my life that remind me to relish in Reese's childhood and all of the blessings God has given me. Here are some comments from some very wise people:

"Reesey is about to blast off and charge into the future. She is primed and ready and you can tell she is ½ step from jumping up and running around. My day was definitely brightened!" - Grandfreddie's comments, after receiving the "jazz hands" photo of Reese

"Enjoy the fact that right now, Reese’s boundaries are the walls of your house. Because later it will be the fence of your yard, then not past a certain house on the block, and so on. To us, it all seemed to happen in a flash." - Vicki, a previous MOB (mother-of-the-bride) and friend of mine

"Oh my, but this message made me get a bit weepy. So loving and sweet and from the heart.You are a wonderful mother Lindy and my dearest daughter. Reesey is so blessed to have you, as well as Jeff who is a great dad. The greatest gift that parents can give their children is a loving solid Christian relationship, which is what you two have. May this love continue to grow in your home. I'm so proud of your 36th street team. Keep moving forward!
love you,
mom" - My sweet mom who after receiving our 36th Street holiday e-mail wrote in an e-mail to all of us with how well Bethany was doing and how proud of us she was. I wrote her back thanking her for always being such a supportive mom and this is what she wrote back to me. I have to say that I do love that I am her "dearest daughter" but I am her ONLY daughter! ;)

Thank you to all that have touched and continue to touch my life. I am extremely blessed and thank God for all of you!

No comments: