Friday, October 26, 2007

Room Ideas - skip if you are male or care nothing of home decorating!




So many of my friends live far away and keep asking for me to send pictures of what I have bought so far and my room ideas. Here is what I am going with:
  • Celery Green Walls (my favorite color is green so Reese's favorite color will of course be green. Also, we painted the room green a month before finding out we were pregnant and selfishly, neither wants to repaint)
  • White Trim
  • White Crib
  • Glider and Ottoman - print TBD, I love stripes and toile
I bought a green and white gingham bumper from Pottery Barn Kids and found a matching crib skirt and mobile at the outlet (all pictured). Logan (our dog) seems to think it is HIS mobile. We are currently teaching him to share. I am going to add a pink and green paisley print for the crib sheet and have no idea what to do with curtains (maybe just basic white???).
The theme for the room is "Vintage Baby" and I will be scouring antique stores for old toys, pictures, and books to put in the built-in bookcase in the room. Jessica C. also gave a cute idea to hang a shelf with hooks and hang shabby chic dresses from cute hangers. She is coming to Austin in January to help me put the room together - she has the best taste and her son Jack's room is the cutest thing!

No comments: