Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bittersweet goodbye to the only child.


Dear Reese,


It has been just you and me for over two years now (including when you were in my tummy for 9 long months). I've loved our time together, just the two of us. You figuring out life, me figuring out how to be a Mommy and how not to screw you up.


But I sensed you needed more fun and enrichment and love in your life. More than just me and Daddy could provide for you. So we prayed and hoped and came up with a solution. A baby brother. We are going to leave you with your grandparents for a few days while we go to pick up Baby James, your new baby brother. We just hope you like him.


I am a little sad today. Sad that our days of just the two girls, you and me, Mommy and daughter, are over. It has been so fun and there have been so many laughs and sticky kisses and walks to the park. We can still do all of these things together, just with a bigger stroller and an addition to our perfect little nest. I promise to still have time set aside for just the two of us. And I promise that you will always be my baby girl, my first, my Reese's Pieces.


I love you so much and I am so excited to give you a baby brother. I know you will be a great big sister and that you will be a good influence on James (like eating your vegetables, hint hint). Just remember how much we love you and how you are the only YOU in the entire world!


Love,


Mommy


1 comment:

Ali and Eric said...

so precious.....im not going to lie..got a little teary. BUT hurry baby james!!!