Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Daddy's Day




It was a great 2nd Father's Day for Jeff and when I asked how he wanted to spend it, thinking he would say watching the US Open or getting away from us, he said he wanted to spend it with his baby girl. Reese and I let Daddy sleep in and made him coffee (usually his job). I then broke out her first big box of crayons (thank you Andy and Miranda!!!) and we made Daddy a "Happy Daddy's Day!" sign.
Reese had so much fun coloring and then had even more fun taking the crayons out of the box, putting them back in the box, and holding each one up to me while saying "gbish bobby aubey!" which I can only think was the color of the crayon.
We then snuck into the bedroom to wake Daddy up and Reese even carried the sign! Daddy had to get his glasses on because being a daddy, he is getting so old he is near blind. We then took him to brunch at Mommy's old favorite brunch place Breadwinners (I know what you all are thinking but Jeff happily cleared his plate, so he must have liked it too!) and Reese surprised us by eating almost all of her own kid's meal. She apparently is a big fan of scrambled eggs with lots of cheese and fruit mixed in ;)
You all know I think the world of Jeff and so does Reese. He is such a good Dad and loves Reese more than anything. Lately he gets home from work and sneaks around the corner and surprises Reese. She of course giggles and squeals and runs away looking for Jeff to chase her. It is the favorite part of my day and I am sure the same for Jeff and Reese. We love you babe!

No comments: