Friday, June 19, 2009

And the pregnant lady goes in search of cooler weather...

It was so nice to get away for a few days to visit my good friend Sara and her 5 month old Caroline (and her husband Brandon of course!). It was also great that my good friend Beth came too so we could have good girl catch-up time. The weather was soooo nice and everything was green and in bloom for me (I put in my order for the biggest hydrangea and roses out there and I got them). I think we would all agree that the best part of the trip was cuddling and spending time with Caroline and girl dinners on Sara's back porch.

Caroline is the best baby I have ever seen. She makes Reese look like a fussy Mcgee. She is also ridiculously cute and chubby and all smiles and hand chomping these days. It was love at first site! With all their worries of first-time parenting, Sara and Brandon are doing a great job. They couldn't be raising a happier baby!

I came back well rested, maybe too relaxed seeing as I left my cell phone and charger on vacation for the first time ever (blame it on the pregnancy). I am ready to be back at home and missed my Reese's Pieces and Jeffrey (I call him that when I want to be sophisticated) so much! This should hopefully tide me over for my next girl trip sans baby and hubby which will probably not be for another 2-5 years...


little c and me hanging out

the group of us. i pleasantly referred to brandon as the "manny" the entire trip. what a trooper! and yes, i am pregnant, not fat!

beth and little c chomping on those fingers!

No comments: