Friday, December 14, 2007

28 Weeks and Kickin'

We went in for my 28 week appointment. First I got berated by the lab technician for showing up at exactly the time I needed my glucose test. She literally lectured me for 5 minutes about how it wasn't fair that I was jumping in front of all of these people and I should have drank the orange soda on site. I wanted to say "I am sorry. I am pregnant. Do you really expect me to be on time? I can barely put on my shoes at this point" But instead I just kept saying sorry and looking really embarrassed.


No gestational diabetes for me! Yay!!! I was getting a little worried with all of the weight I am gaining. Looks like I will definitely be in the 50-55 lb weight gain range by the end. 50 is the new 20, right? So technically, I am right on track. Baby is great, I am measuring perfectly, and I found out that my doctor does not induce first-time moms, no matter HOW big the baby is. Grrrreat. I was really hoping that they would decide you were too big from all of this weight gain and induce me a few weeks early. Looks like I am stuck with you until you decide it is time!


I really wish my belly was cute and round. I feel like it looks like I ran into a counter and it flattened out at the round part. Why can't I just have a round belly, oh and no heartburn or flatulence??? And walking through the mall without getting a painful side ligament pain would be really nice too. Put those all on my Christmas list. And being able to get up to answer my phone without being breathless. That would be nice too.

No comments: